Tuesday, March 19, 2013

My Little Plant, Ficus is Magic

This Ficus benjamina Variegata, variegated weeping fig, is mostly a house plant. I grew it from a cutting in 2008 along with a few others which I then gave as Christmas gifts to friends and family members. Now, five years later, my good friend has managed to keep it alive. I snapped this photo the other day while I was visiting. You can tell by the density of the uppermost branches just how apically dominant these are. She keeps it indoors at all times. Another cutting off the same parent plant is on its way to becoming a very small root-over-rock. It seems to be coming along just fine. In the future I will take some pictures of that one as well. I will also continue to root cuttings for giving away to friends. One of these days I will invest in some interesting ficus material with some actual maturity, especially now that I know I can keep them alive for many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment