Saturday, April 4, 2015

Large Crabapple Cutting

I recently trunk-chopped a crabapple tree and decided it wouldn't be a bad idea to attempt to root it. The cutting is about two inches wide, give or take. It has been about a month since I potted it into a shallow container of mostly coarse pumice. I have kept it watered and protected from strong wind and frost (although I believe neither would have hurt). 

Here is the cutting as of today. It actually looks healthy, pushing growth and covered with leaves. I can envision its survival but I've been told that just because it looks good does NOT necessarily mean that things below the soil things actually are good. For now all I can do is baby it and hope that it can manage to put on some root growth.


4 comments:


  1. I like the way on how you put up your blogs. Wonderful and awesome. Hope to read more post from you in the future. Goodluck. Happy blogging!

    Bubble
    www.gofastek.com

    ReplyDelete

  2. Life is like a battle, if you don't know how to defend yourself then you'll end up being a loser. So, better take any challenges as your stepping stone to become a better person. Have fun, explore and make a lot of memories.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


    edupdf.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you feel like quitting think about why you started. (y)
    imarksweb.net

    ReplyDelete